A study room is not just another room; it conveys your unique preference and individuality as a person. Since you would spend a lot of quality time learning new things and roam around in your creative world, it’s an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality while decorating it.
Find below three exclusive tips for arranging a comfortable study room.
1. Choose an ample room
The size of your study room will ultimately determine the rest of the furnishing and decoration. So before you start arranging your study room, it’s essential to choose the right study spot that’s conducive to productivity and innovation.
- Spacious room: When it comes to the study room, proper distribution of all studying materials is hard to avoid. From the bookshelf to the reading table to the couch – a study place requires sufficient space for comfortable movement in the room. Feeling curbed in a small room can potentially hamper your concentration. Choose a study space that lets you spread out your study materials and be more comfortable.
- Natural light and ventilation: Natural light and proper airflow intake are a must for a study room. A clutter-free room with natural ventilation keeps a healthy and comfortable atmosphere for you to spend hours. If possible, try to choose a study room with a proper orientation of natural sunlight and a cooling breeze.
- A considerable distance from noise: Productive and extensive study happens most in a space that is private and free from any disturbance. Consider a quiet, distraction-free study room located at a corner of your house (preferably), which will be more likely to help you concentrate better in your studies.
2. Focus on the room furnishing
How much you can ease in, relax, and dive into your studies mostly depends on the study furniture in your room. After you choose a convenient study place, focus on the furniture you are going to invest in.
- Large table/desk with practical solutions: If you are in your study room, you most likely to spend your time working on the reading table or a desk. Depending on your height comfort, you can adjust the height of your desk to avoid neck or back pain. Traditional study desks (like single or double-sided library partner desk) provide more work surface for you to take in computer, files, and books in an orderly way.
- Comfortable seating options: Comfort and right posture, your study seat or desk chair has to serve both. Adjustable lumbar support, height arms, swivel tilt for fluid mobility are some features of an ideal ergonomic study chair. If you tend to spend long hours studying and multitasking, a hydraulic press-fitting swivel chair or adjustable ergonomic chair can be the right choice.
- Filing shelves/cabinets for adequate storage: Filing cabinets are meant to be long-term investments for your study room storage. So it’s essential to choose the most durable filing shelf option that doesn’t only provide increased storage space but also endures heavyweight. Out of all the wooden furniture, antique reproduction is known to be the sturdiest option for storage. Depending on the area in your room, you can pick a well-mounted antique filing shelf that consumes less of the horizontal extent and allows storage of numerous documents at one time.
3. Personalize your study space interior
Your study room doesn’t have to be mundane and prosaic. The layout of your study space should be adapted to your lifestyle and interest. Some personalized room décor can spice up your study space interior easily.
- Wall decorations: There are numerous ways to turn your study room into your creative workshop. A study room needs to be a bit of creative flair. According to your personal preference, consider hanging a bulletin board onto your wall where you can pin up your favorite motivational quotes, to-do list, posters, etc.
- Add some greenery: Indoor plants don’t only embellish the visual beauty of your room, but also help you feel more relaxed and calm. To keep the right balance of humidity in your study room, you may consider adding greenery as well.
- Add an aquarium: A red sea aquarium is a sign of prosperity and keeping it inside your home helps you feel more relaxed and calm. Having an aquarium in your study room could actually improve your focus and boost creativity, helping you maximize your productivity. A red sea aquarium will let you create an ambiance that will keep you many steps ahead of your peers.
- Soft furnishing: Soft furnishing is an easy way of adorning your reading space. You can finish up your study room arrangement by adding soft cushions, colorful curtains which will help you set a more cheerful ambiance.
To wrap up…
Furniture is undoubtedly one of the most crucial parts of arranging your study room. VC Living is one of the biggest wholesale furniture suppliers in Melbourne with an extensive range of study furniture all in one. If you want to arrange your study room with unique traditional furniture and guaranteed durability, check out their fantastic collection of study furniture.