For any kind of financial troubling situations like concessions, the debt recovery process, mortgage payment or lodging complaints, a financial counsellor can be the right person for you to assist and solve on your behalf.
In most cases, if any financial problem is not resolved right away, it takes a quick escalation, and things go messed up real fast. From time to time, people may find themselves in dire situation needing food, shelter, paying mortgage, credit card debt, etc. This is where financial counsellors become key to make a difference.
Your financial problem is not just an individual problem; it’s perceived as a social problem as well. As a part of a legal community organisation with highly developed referral network, financial counsellors run a full assessment of your financial situations and refer you to different recovery services in a completely lawful manner.
But how exactly does a financial counsellor help me with my financial problems?
Because of the many misconceptions in mind regarding the reliability of financial counselling, you probably have been holding yourself back from taking the service. When in crucial scenarios like determining stocks, or applying for a hardship variation you probably didn’t take any professional advice because you didn’t want to disclose your information.
In reality, financial counselling services are mostly funded and offered by community organisations, legal centres, commercial agencies, state and federal governments etc. These financial counselling comes with a secure, confidential and independent financial service with no fees or commissions involved.
Expert financial counsellors provide extensive consultancy services you may not be aware of. Here is a list of services you can receive –
- As your representative, the financial counsellor negotiates repayment arrangements with the banks and the creditors or lenders based on your current financial situations like regular incomes, assets, liabilities and expenditure.
- Financial counsellors verify whether you’re eligible for concessions or other material aid, health, personal counselling, legal services, family support, community legal aids or government assistance. Depending on your eligibility, they provide you with referrals and information for improvement.
- In different areas of legislation including debt recovery procedures, pre-insolvency advice, credit laws, consumer rights etc., the debt counsellors give you deeper insights about your options, probable consequences and other alternatives.
- As a community worker, a financial counsellor plays the role of an advocate on behalf of you, in case you are unable to repay or manage your debts. They can run a full assessment of your debt problems and give professional advice related to debt enforcement.
- The Federal or State government mostly funds financial counsellors. Therefore, they have a vast knowledge in areas of all kinds of commercial laws and policies to guide you with the requirements of loans, credit cards, government concession, debt recovery through courts, external dispute resolution services etc.
So, When do I need a financial counsellor?
There are many ways a financial counsellor can save you from major financial risks. Here are a few ways how you essentially need financial counselling as a solicitor and accountant of your finance.
- Referrals for any financial backup/ counselling: A financial counsellor works closely with different community organisations. Therefore, their referral system is much broader to offer you’re the full coverage of your financial problems like handing bankrupt estates, providing volunteers, offering personal counselling and legal advice etc.
- Sustainable budget formation: Depending on your current financial state examined by your records, financial counselling helps you with organising your finances and make a budget. Although it doesn’t necessarily provide loans or any kinds of material aids itself.
- Debt management: The counsellors can negotiate with your creditors for free with the guidance of ideal debt management that fits that individual’s needs
- Resolving lodging issues: They can assist you with any lodging complaints on the basis of a full picture of a client’s finances.
- Financial accidents: for any kind of major disasters, monetary damages or taxation debts and other liabilities, financial counsellors can give me multiple gateways so you can get back on your feet as quickly as possible with emergency relief.
For any kind of financial decline, you need immediate professional intervention to recover the loss as soon as possible. Free financial counselling with guaranteed independence and confidentiality is the best way to sort out your issues and get referred to damage specific financial services directly.